not today's weather, or tomorrow's weather, but maybe yesterday's weather.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Bike ride along the canal

I decided to go out for a bike ride on Saturday after spending the bulk of the day indoors waiting for the rain the weather forecasters had promised. The sun kept on shining and eventually I gave in to temptation and went for a bike ride down the canal.
Not long after I reached the canal the rains came - of course! Here's a heron I spotted.




This old bunker (set between the two trees) was the centre of operations one night out when I was about 16 or 17 on a bike ride with some friends. We spelt rude words in the crop (sorry to the farmer for that) and probably drank some scum like MD20/20.

Low flying aircraft coming into land at the little airport at Tollerton.

No comments: